2013 turkey, deer season dates
The Missouri Conservation Commission (MDC) set dates for 2013 turkey- and deer-hunting seasons at its December meeting, giving hunters plenty of time to schedule vacation.
The Commission set the following dates for turkey hunting.
• Youth season, April 6-7
• Regular spring season, April 15-May 5
• Fall firearms turkey season, Oct. 1-31
Bag limits and shooting hours remain the same as last year. Additional details, including spring managed turkey hunts and regulations for spring turkey hunting on conservation areas, will be published in the spring turkey hunting regulation guide in March.
The Commission set the following dates for 2013-2014 firearms deer hunting.
• Urban portion, Oct. 11-14
• Early youth portion, Nov. 2-3
• November portion, Nov. 16-26
• Antlerless portion, Nov. 27-Dec. 8
• Alternative methods portion, Dec. 21-31
• Late youth portion, Jan. 4-5
The Conservation Commission also simplified requirements for tagging harvested deer, effective June 1, 2013. Other deer-hunting regulations will be set in the spring of 2013. Details will be published in the fall deer and turkey hunting regulation guide.