Williams GAC divisional golf player of year
Jacob Williams, a junior at Troy Buchanan, is the GAC South Division Player of the year in golf.
Coach Myron Daw said about 60 percent of the individual conference points are awarded at each of the regular season dual matches played against each school and the other 40 percent at the GAC Conference Tournament.
Williams went into the conference tournament in fifth place individually. He needed to win the tournament, and that’s exactly what he did, shooting a three over par 73.
“The GAC South division is loaded with great golfers,” said Daw. “This is a huge achievement. Since the golf season starts in the winter month of February, in order to be successful golfers have to go out on their own and practice the previous summer and fall. That’s exactly what Jacob did. You could hardly go out to the golf course and not find Jacob playing holes. This award was no accident and it wasn’t luck, it was earned.”