- Your News
On Aug. 7, 2013 between 0533 and 0539 the Pike County Sheriff’s Office received 12 separate 911 calls for a house fire with explosions at 308 West Maple St. in Curryville. Curryville fire was dispatched with mutual aid requested from Bowling Green Fire Department. Pike County Hospital also dispatched an ambulance to the scene. Sheriff’s deputies also responded.
At the time of the fire the house was occupied by Samantha Wilson and Joe Moss. Moss was transported from the scene by Pike County Ambulance to University Hospital in Columbia. Wilson was transported from the scene by Van-Far Ambulance to Pike County Hospital.
The Missouri State Fire Marshal’s office was contacted and responded to assist in the investigation. Also assisting were Eolia Fire Protection District with specialized hazardous material equipment and an officer with the East Central Drug Taskforce. Off duty deputies certified in hazardous materials were also called in.
Located in area of the source of the fire were items needed in the clandestine manufacture of methamphetamine. Additional items for the manufacture of methamphetamine were located on the property. The preliminary cause of the fire is being listed as clandestine methamphetamine production. Witness report hearing three separate explosions coming from the house. One of these explosions is attributed to a small propane tank that was located near the source of the fire. The tank was ruptured in a manor consistent with an explosion. The investigation is still open.
All persons charged with a crime are innocent until convicted in a court of law.