Auburn Presbyterian church celebrating 190th anniversary
Auburn Presbyterian Church cordially invites the public to join them as they celebrate their 190th anniversary on Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 9:30 a.m. The service will feature special music of the Second Chance Choir from the Lincoln County Sherriff’s Office as well as other local talent. Following the worship service, they will host a luncheon in the fellowship hall. For those interested in attending the luncheon, please RSVP at 573-485-6996.
Auburn Presbyterian Church traces its origins to meetings held in the home of Ezekiel Downing in 1823 as part of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church plan to “evangelize the middle portions of the Louisiana Purchase.” The building of the current Auburn church was built in 1872 next to the Auburn Academy Schoolhouse. Today, the congregation is part of North Lincoln Parish in partnership with the Whiteside Presbyterian Church. In addition, the church hosts the “All You Need Is Love Food Pantry” at the site of the original Auburn Academy Schoolhouse on the third Saturday of each month.
The church is located at 59 Old Auburn Church Road in rural Lincoln County. It is located approximately one-half mile from the intersection of US 61 and Lincoln County Highway B. The pastor of Auburn Presbyterian Church is the Reverend Murray E. Phillips, who has served North Lincoln Parish since 2005.