The Presbyterian Church, which was established in 1831, has officially changed its name to EPiC Church, which stands for Evangelical Presbyterians in Christ. The church had been a member of the PC (USA) since 1982, but after a long series of meetings, and much prayer, EPiC elders and the congregation voted to disaffiliate from that denomination and join the EPC (Evangelical Presbyterian Church). It was a long and difficult road, but one which the church leaders felt was necessary, as the PC (USA) drifted farther and farther from the authority of the Bible and the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
According to elder Patti Laffoon, “We really had no choice in the matter, since true authority comes from Scripture. We all agreed that we could and would walk away from the property and start fresh if that’s what it came to. You can’t just teach and preach the easy parts of the Bible, the whole book is God’s truth and is a gift to us, as Christians.”
EPiC Church is located at 651 Boone St. in Troy. The pastor of EPiC Church is Dave Westrich. Sunday school is at 9:30 a.m. every Sunday and church service is at 10:30 a.m.