- Your News
The Troy Garden Club is pleased to announce that the Annual Holiday Home Tour plans are underway. This year’s tour will be on Sunday Dec. 9, 2012, from 1 through 4 p.m. A holiday tea will begin at noon at the Lincoln County Council on Aging (LCCOA), 1380 Boone St., Troy. At the tea Britton House will have their fundraiser “Preachers and Politicians” themed cookbooks for sale, as well as other charitable organizations cookbooks. This year’s participants are:
• Zion United Church of Christ – Zion United Church of Christ is celebrating its 125th anniversary this year. They welcome everyone to visit their sanctuary with beautiful stained glass windows and rich woodwork in the chancel. The fellowship hall will be decorated in a winter wonderland theme with Zion members displaying their Christmas themes. Your visit to Zion would not be complete without a look in the quilting room where their handiwork will be on display. This year of celebration supports their key arm of fellowship in the community and outreach. Their history is important and this milestone allows them to reflect on that.
• Larry and Lee Ann Henebry – Larry and Lee Ann’s home is cozy and casual nestled in a wooded area with a lake. Larry’s Aunt Val Henebry’s handpainted villages using many beautiful colors will be on display including churches, stores and homes. The Henebry’s are happy to use Lee Ann’s grandmothers’ and mothers’ depression glassware for family gatherings throughout the holidays. Antiques from their great-great-grandparents are displayed in a bedroom that their two granddaughters get to enjoy. A “taste” of Larry and Lee Ann’s Czechoslovakian heritage will be offered to guests.
• Dr. Mary Ingmire – The Ingmire home is a two story colonial located within the Eastbrook Subdivision that will enchant you decorated with a festive and traditional Christmas theme. Mary and her mother decorate her home with enthusiasm to celebrate Christmas for entertaining throughout the holiday season.
• Karl and Linda Bickel – Karl & Linda welcome the holidays with decor that reflect their appreciation of family and friends which span over the last 47 years. We do have travel remembrances along with various antiques scattered throughout our home. A quarter mile tree lined drive leading up to the house and barns delivers you to a circle drive and the front door. Bisons grazing in side acres as they wander to the creek hidden behind the house. Our home exudes comfort and ease. Come join us!
• Faye Pavelka – Faye lovingly decorates her classic, mid-century modern home with a nod to the nature which surrounds it. Her recently remodeled home is decorated with an eye for simple, classic contemporary design. Faye has traveled all over the world and many keepsakes from those travels adorn her lovely home. Natural decorations are also evident in every room to help celebrate the holiday season.
Tickets always sell out early for this annual local traditional Christmas event. Tickets are available at Peoples Bank & Trust main facility on Wood Street in Troy and at the Troy Flower Shop at 650 East Cherry St. along with Troy Garden Club members. Please call 636-528-8528 if you have any questions.