The Lincoln County R-III School District will be opening 2019-2020 kindergarten enrollment in late January for families that have children who will turn five by July 2019. Extended registration hours will be offered on Jan. 21, 22, 23 and March 5 at the District’s Central Office building (951 West College Street, Troy). With the opportunity to speak to employees from the school district’s nursing, latchkey (before and after school care), transportation and food services departments, these registration events provide a “one stop shopping” experience for kindergarten enrollment. Students registered by March 15 will receive a $10 meal credit.
The district’s Registrar Tracy Scott said taking the time to register and talk to our staff makes the process easy.
“Registering for kindergarten doesn’t have to be stressful or nerve-wracking,” Scott said. “With our multi-department approach, we do our best to answer all of your questions and have you in and out as quickly as possible.”
To register a child, parents need to bring the following:
• Child’s birth certificate.
• Child’s immunization record.
• Parent/guardian picture identification (current driver’s license).
• Two current (within 30 days) forms of proof of residency showing parent name and address (i.e. lease, rental or purchase contract, utility bill, medical bill, deposit receipt, payroll check stub, voter ID card, bank statement).
• Court documents, if applicable (proof of guardianship, divorce decree, DFS placement papers, foster care, etc.)
Your child is always welcome, but their presence isn’t required at kindergarten registration. After registering incoming kindergarten students, families will be invited to kindergarten orientation at their elementary school on Thursday, May 2 at 6 p.m. This is an excellent opportunity for incoming students to meet building administration and kindergarten teachers. The evening includes classroom visits, building tours, basic curricular information as well as school and bus expectations.
– Lincoln County